Bell unveils the next evolution of TV and entertainment with new Fibe TV
- The best TV service now brings together live TV, on-demand shows and movies, plus apps, voice remote and powerful search, all in one place
- New Fibe TV leverages Google Android TV technology for access to the Google Play app catalogue, voice remote powered by Google Assistant and universal search
MONTREAL, July 26, 2022 /CNW Telbec/ - Bell today unveiled the new evolution of Fibe TV with thousands of apps and powerful search options to make our customers' experience even better.
With the latest Google Android TV technology, Fibe TV now provides access to over 7,000 apps from Google Play, including favourites like Crave, Netflix and Prime Video. Viewers can easily find the content they want to watch, and explore new and exciting entertainment with a voice remote powered by Google Assistant and intuitive universal search capabilities that will find content across Fibe TV and supported subscribed streaming services. With added Cloud PVR capabilities, viewers can store content for up to a year to watch at their own convenience.
"We're thrilled to introduce the next evolution of Fibe TV and how we've made the best TV service even better. Canadians want more entertainment, and we're making it easy for them to discover, search and access the content they love and explore new entertainment options. And the best part is that they can get it all in one place."
- Joel Orvis, VP, Wireline Products, Bell
Providing customers with the ultimate home entertainment experience
Bell is providing customers with an enjoyable and intuitive entertainment experience from TV, movies, games, apps and fitness backed by the latest technology. New features include:
- Google Play apps – Search and access over 7,000 apps with the Google Play catalogue.
- Voice remote powered by Google Assistant – Search for shows and movies on Fibe TV and other streaming services that support this capability, control the TV and smart devices or get answers to questions like current weather or traffic conditions.
- Universal search – Customers can now find the TV shows and movies they want to watch more easily without flipping between different streaming apps. The universal search function displays all results across Fibe TV and each of the supported subscribed streaming services.
- Cloud PVR – New PVR capabilities enable customers to watch their favourite shows on their own terms, when it's convenient for them, with the ability to record up to 10 shows at a time and store them for a year.
- Shortcut buttons on remote – Customers can quickly and easily access streaming services like Crave, Netflix and Prime Video with dedicated buttons on the new Fibe TV remote.
- The new Fibe TV service brings together live TV, on-demand shows and movies, plus apps, voice remote and powerful search, all in one place
- New Fibe TV features include access to the Google Play app catalogue, voice remote powered by Google Assistant, universal search and Cloud PVR
- New features available now for residential customers in Ontario and Québec
The new Fibe TV service is available now for residential customers in Ontario and Québec. Existing customers looking to upgrade to the new features can call Bell for further details. To learn more about Bell Fibe TV, pricing and availability, please visit Bell.ca/FibeTV.
Bell is Canada's largest communications company, providing advanced broadband wireless, TV, Internet, media and business communication services throughout the country. Founded in Montréal in 1880, Bell is wholly owned by BCE Inc. To learn more, please visit Bell.ca or BCE.ca.
Through Bell for Better, we are investing to create a better today and a better tomorrow by supporting the social and economic prosperity of our communities with a commitment to the highest environmental, social and governance (ESG) standards. This includes the Bell Let's Talk initiative, which promotes Canadian mental health with national awareness and anti-stigma campaigns like Bell Let's Talk Day and significant Bell funding of community care and access, research and workplace leadership initiatives throughout the country. To learn more, please visit Bell.ca/LetsTalk.
Richard Bengian, firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Bell Canada