Bell makes mobile entertainment better on the Samsung Galaxy Tab
Featuring the best live mobile TV content and more on Canada's Best Network
MONTREAL, Nov. 17 2010 -- Bell today announced the launch of the Samsung Galaxy Tab mobile tablet, featuring direct access to live and on-demand mobile TV content with Bell Tablet TV & Radio, and free access to more than 1,000 Bell WiFi hotspots across Canada.
"Fitting easily in one hand or into a pocket or purse and with access to the best Mobile TV news, sports and entertainment content on Canada's Best Network, the Samsung Galaxy Tab offers Bell Mobility clients a premium mobile entertainment experience in a very portable package," said Adel Bazerghi, Bell Mobility's Senior Vice President of Products.
The following services are available on the Galaxy Tab from Bell Mobility:
- Bell Tablet TV & Radio: Clients can access live or on-demand TV content for $10 per month for 10 hours of viewing, including all data charges. Clients can also access more than 70 commercial-free radio channels for $8 per month.
- GPS Navigator: GPS Navigator provides visual and audio turn by turn directions, traffic updates in select cities and more for $10 a month, including all data charges (available only on postpaid accounts).
- Kobo eReading app, offering access to today's hottest new releases and bestsellers and over 1 million free classics, and the Zoompass mobile payment system.
- Remote PVR: Bell Satellite TV customers with the 9241 or 9242 PVR can manage scheduled recordings, record and delete programs and more directly from the Galaxy Tab at no extra cost.
- Bell Self Serve, allowing clients to access and manage their personal account information, monitor usage, add services and more.
Because the Galaxy Tab is Android powered, clients can also access Google Mobile Services including Google Search, Google Maps, Gmail, YouTube and Google Talk, and the more than 100,000 applications now available on Android Market.
Powered by Android 2.2 and boasting a 1 GHz processor, 17.8cm (7") touchscreen display and front and rear-facing cameras, the Galaxy Tab integrates Adobe Flash Player 10.1, push email, calendar events and contacts with Microsoft Exchange. It weighs just 380g and is less than 12 mm thick.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab from Bell Mobility is available for $599.95 after postpaid bill credit or for $649.95 on a prepaid plan. Prepaid pricing options include $15 for 250 megabytes, $35 for 5 Gigabytes and $45 for 5 GB and TV service; postpaid pricing is $20 for 500 MB and $35 for 5 GB. For more information, please visit Bell.ca/galaxytab.
All trade-marks and logos are the property of the respective trade-mark owners.
Bell is Canada's largest communications company, providing consumers and business with solutions to all their communications needs, including Bell Mobility wireless, high-speed Bell Internet, Bell Satellite TV and Bell Fibe TV, Bell Home Phone local and long distance, and Bell Business Markets IP-broadband and information and communications technology (ICT) services.
The Bell Mental Health Initiative is a multi-year charitable program that promotes mental health across Canada via the Bell Let's Talk anti-stigma campaign and support for community care, research and workplace best practices. To learn more, please visit bce.ca/mentalhealth. Bell is wholly owned by BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE). For information on Bell products and services, please visit www.bell.ca. For BCE corporate information, please visit www.bce.ca.
/NOTE TO PHOTO EDITORS: A photo accompanying this release is available
at http://photos.newswire.ca. Images are free to accredited members of
For further information:
Bell Media Relations
SOURCE Mobility / Wireless