A sustainable vision
Our sustainability vision
To contribute to the well-being of society by enabling responsible economic growth, connecting communities and safeguarding the environment.
Acting responsibly is central to achieving sustainable business success and essential to the pursuit of our corporate goal: To be recognized by customers as Canada’s leading communications company.
In our daily activities, we have a fundamental responsibility to address a broad spectrum of issues. These include preventing conflicts of interest; protecting company assets; safeguarding privacy and confidentiality; treating clients, business partners, team members and competitors with respect and honesty; fostering a diverse and safe workplace; and protecting the environment. The Bell Code of Conduct sets out our specific expectations and accountabilities in each of these areas.
Bell supports the United Nations Global Compact, a set of universal principles addressing human rights, labour, the environment and anti corruption issues. Find out more about the 10 universally accepted principles contained in the United Nations' Global Compact United Nations' Global Compact
Our approach and management
Our sustainability vision rests not only on solid principles and values, but also on a global strategic approach and highly effective, practical management system. We reinforce individual accountability through a clear management structure to ensure we identify and properly address responsibility issues and initiatives throughout the corporation. We also engage with our stakeholders to make sure we address issues that are most important to them and to our business success.
Balance is good for business
We believe that the economy, people and our planet are inextricably linked: that by balancing economic, environmental and social objectives, we minimize risks, seize opportunities and, in many instances, realize significant collective gains. Bell helps people communicate, build skills and contribute to economic and social growth while reducing the impact on the environment.
- BCE is included in several leading global sustainability indices, such as the FTSE4Good Global Index and the Jantzi Social Index.
- Oekom Research has rated BCE as “Prime”, qualifying our bonds and shares for ecologically and socially based investment.
- Our award-winning Bell Let’s Talk initiative
- Bell’s participation in the UN Global Compact since 2006, a set of universal principles protecting human rights, labour, the environment and efforts to eliminate corruption
- Bell’s ISO 14001 certified environmental management system (the only one among Canadian communications companies)
- Bell’s Blue Box program for mobile device recovery and waste reduction efforts (we recycle or reuse more than 90% of the waste material from our network operations)