ISO 14001 certified since 2009 - the first and only
telecom company in Canada
We reused and recycled 150 tonnes of computers and peripherals and 9.9 tonnes of toner cartridges, an increase of 43% and 25% respectively over 2012
An active corporate citizen
Bell is an active corporate citizen, engaged in improving the well-being of society by enabling economic growth, providing high quality jobs, connecting communities and safeguarding the environment. Corporate responsibility is an essential part of Bell’s day-to-day business operations as we work to achieve our goal: To be recognized by customers as Canada’s leading communications company. Our corporate responsibility commitment is renewed each time we talk to customers, shareholders, team members, suppliers and partners, or any of the communities in which we live and work. Millions of Canadians depend on Bell to provide technologies that enable economic opportunity and productivity growth. We know they expect us to deliver those benefits while living up to the most stringent ethical principles and rigorous business standards.
Click on the tabs above or view our Corporate Responsibility Report to learn more about Bell’s initiatives related to our customers, the community, the environment and the workplace.
This year’s highlights:
- Bell Let’s Talk commitment to mental health increased to $67.5M
- $3B to deploy broadband networks
- Canada’s first telecom signatory to the United Nations Global Compact (UNGC)
- Named one of Top 50 Most Responsible Companies in Maclean’s – Sustainalytics 2013 Ranking
- Only Canadian telecom to earn a top spot in the CDP 2013 Climate Disclosure Leadership Index
- Maintained ISO 14001 certification for Environmental Management System for 5th straight year
- Recovered 194,955 mobile phones for a total of more than 1.4M phones since 2003
- Named one of Montréal’s Top Employers for 2014 by Mediacorp 2nd year in a row
- 81% of team members say they are proud to work for Bell
- Bell has been recognized as a leader in sustainability on the 2014 Best 50 Corporate Citizens in Canada Ranking by Corporate Knights, ranking as the #1 telecom company on the list.