Corporate governance practices
A leader in Corporate governance practices
We want to remain a leader in corporate governance and ethical business conduct by maintaining best practices, transparency and accountability to our stakeholders. This includes a commitment to the highest standards of corporate governance as BCE's Board and management believe that good corporate governance practices tend to contribute to the creation and maintenance of shareholder value.
On an ongoing basis, the Board reviews its structure, practices and composition and initiates changes to improve its effectiveness.
For more detailed information, download our Corporate Governance Practices (PDF 2.2 MB - March 27, 2018) as found as Schedule B to the Management Proxy Circular dated March 8, 2018.
Auditor independence policy
Download the Bell Canada Enterprises auditor independence policy (PDF 271 KB - September 7, 2016)
The Auditor Independence Policy is a comprehensive policy governing all aspects of the Company’s relationship with the external auditor, including:
- establishing a process for determining whether various audit and other services provided by the external auditor affect its independence
- identifying the services that the external auditor may and may not provide to the Company and its subsidiaries
- pre-approving all services to be provided by the external auditor
- establishing a process outlining procedures when hiring current or former personnel of the external auditor in a financial oversight role to ensure auditor independence is maintained.
Download the BCE Inc. and Bell Canada disclosure policy (PDF 286 KB - Aug 03, 2017)
The disclosure policy contains various rules and guidelines to ensure that communications to the general public, the media and the investment community are timely, accurate and broadly disseminated in accordance with all applicable legal requirements.
Among others, the Policy establishes guidelines related to the following:
- the verification of the accuracy and completeness of information disclosed publicly
- the principles of disclosure of material information
- news releases
- conference calls and webcasts
- electronic communications
Audit complaint policy
Download the complaint procedures for accounting and auditing matters (PDF 127 KB - August 5, 2016)
Procedures have been established for:
- the receipt, retention and treatment of complaints and/or concerns received by any subsidiary regarding accounting, internal accounting controls or auditing matters
- the confidential, anonymous submission by employee of the Company or its subsidiaries of concerns regarding questionable accounting or auditing matters
Download the Bell environmental policy (PDF 121 KB - September 21, 2017)
The policy aims at reducing the environmental impact of our business, and specifically addresses the supply chain, our operations, our products and services, as well as employee training and stakeholder communications.