Corporate transactions and plans of arrangement
Teleglobe acquisition - November 1, 2000
The following questions and answers have been compiled from questions frequently asked of BCE’s Investor Relations department. You should also read the Teleglobe Management Information Circular (PDF 3,1 MB), regarding the transaction in the Annexes attached thereto and the documents incorporated therein by reference. Certain terms used below are defined in the Glossary of Terms in the Circular.
- When did the rights to exchange Teleglobe shares in BCE common shares expire and what did former Teleglobe Shareholders have to do to receive BCE common share certificates?
- What should have I received if I made (or were deemed to have made) the Share Election?
- What would have I received if I had made the Cash Election?
- What is the "BCE WATP" and in what currency was the Elected Cash Amount paid?
- What was the Canadian tax impact on the Arrangement for residents and non-residents of Canada?
- What was the United States tax impact of the Arrangement?
- Are Former Teleglobe Shareholders who are currently BCE shareholders entitled to receive BCE dividends and participate in BCE's Dividend Reinvestment Plan?